13 September 2023

A new sock

It had to happen!!!  Liz decided on a lovely purple and white yarn for her next pair of socks but I couldn’t get it locally.  As she was going into the big city she said she’d pop in and buy it from the larger Hobbycraft there.  

Well this is what she got instead and I think it’s lovely.  I prefer it to her original choice!!!  Funnily enough Ruth (at Friday knitting) was knitting socks with the same yarn last Friday!!!

I’ve made a start on the new pair of socks as you can see.  I’m using a shortish circular needle and the magic loop idea which I find as good as dpn’s.  I like dpn’s (double pointed needles) but I think I’d confuse myself when it comes to working round the heel.  

Oh, this time I’m using this pattern from Ravelry as recommended by t’other Sue!!  I’m enjoying this pattern as Jo (the designer) tells you what and why you’re doing things as you go along.  




7 comments:

Maureen said...

I agree with you about the colour, it’s really nice. Still haven’t tried a toe- up sock!

Jane McLellan said...

Ooh, I like that yarn! Will this pair also be knee length?

Jane Eborall said...

Yes, Jane, afraid so!!!!!

God's Kid said...

I love the color!!!! :) Reminds me of Lizbeth Rainbow Taffy. ;)

Rose Anne B said...

Way to go Jane! I too like the added comments in patterns too!

Lavinia said...

Those will be very lively socks. I really like this yarn.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Lovely color! I haven't tried toe up socks yet.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.