23 October 2023

Results of the last Monday moan!!!

My inbox has become a LOT less busy since my last moan!!!  Not because I guess anything has changed in Tat Land but simply because I've taken action.
When I sat and thought about it I realised that the only thing I could do was to leave all the groups.  Well that wasn’t going to happen as I’m too darn nosy.  I then had a good look at the groups I belonged to and I left three which weren't very active.  

Then I had a brainwave (BC3 helped obviously) and I blocked the people who were forever advertising.  Shame really but I’m sure they won’t notice as they probably weren’t interested in me anyway!! 

I’ve had a lovely quiet week since.  

A picture of the river yesterday.  A bit high but at least it’s not over the banks yet.  We’ve been lucky here that we haven’t had the floods other parts of the country have had.




8 comments:

Maureen said...

Yes, Facebook sucks you in! And of course we all want to know what’s going on,I think this is called Fear of Missing Out.
A good solution to dealing with the advertisements. I have had to “ pause” a few perfectly nice people too because of the content of their posts.
Facebook is a tool, like anything else online, you have to customise it to suit yourself.

Jane McLellan said...

Sounds like a sensible solution. My brother in Suffolk is busy baling out his basement! Glad you're not flooded.

Jane Eborall said...

A lot of the problem, Maureen, is because I spend very little time there so have never really got to grips with it all!!!!

Nancy Hope said...

Jane, I am NOT on Facebook. I have just completed a 5 inch wide tatted lace with size 10 thread for 2 pillowcases for a gift. I don’t know whether to starch it or not. Please let me know what to do, and if the answer is to starch, what to use. I thank you for your directions and insight

Jane Eborall said...

Personally, Nancy, wouldn't starch at all. It will wash out in the first wash. You could starch it for presentation's sake but if the lace is firm enough then I would leave it alone. As for which starch - I'm afraid I can't help as I've never bought any. Sorry.

Lavinia said...

Good thing you're not flooded neither by the river, nor by Facebook notifications.

Nancy Hope said...

Thank you, Jane. I have never starched before, as I tat tightly. I shall block it as it has a lot of rings above chains and leave it. I always refer to your instructions when I start a new pattern with new elements to refresh my skills. Thank you for all the lessons you have left —what a LEGACY!!

Jane Eborall said...

Always pleased to help, Nancy.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.