27 October 2023

Second sock ‘syndrome’

Now I don’t understand this ‘second sock syndrome’!!!  I obviously don’t suffer from it because as soon as the first one was done I had to get straight on with the second.
Trying to analyse this and I’ve come to the conclusion it’s because I’m terrified that if I don’t get on with the second one straightaway then I might not get it done at all!!!  So, having finished the cloth then the best plan was to get the second one cast on as soon as possible!!!

Ah, another reason to crack on quickly is because (of course) I’ve got other yarn lurking in the background too!!! 



7 comments:

Maureen said...

That’s such beautiful wool. I don’t knit socks often, when I do they are always for gifts and so I don’t have the luxury of indulging in second sock syndrome. I knitted a striped pair recently for a granddaughter’s birthday, and she wears them with “ Crocs” and loves them.

Jane McLellan said...

I like knitting the second sock, the decisions have been made, it’s straight forward. And then you can knit another pair!

Jane Eborall said...

Good point, Jane!!!
You should get into sock knitting, Maureen. It’s great when you find the ‘right’ pattern!!!

Maureen said...

It’s the picking up stitches once the heels have been knitted that always gives trouble. I dread it. Short rows are about all I can cope with, but they wear out too quickly.

God's Kid said...

I love the colorway!! :)

Jane Eborall said...

No picking up stitches on this pattern, Maureen!!!! Sooo easy and straightforward.
Me too, God's Kid.

Lavinia said...

Great socks, I do like the colours a lot! I'm afraid I suffer from second glove syndrome... I've been putting off making the second one for years because I need to mirror the pattern first. And they're fingerless mittens... :S

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.