25 October 2023

Second jacket finished

Sometimes things take time!!! 

This jacket was made over a fleece that the IT volunteers who work in the library were given many years ago.  Long before the pandemic.  It’s a lovely warm jacket and I’ve posted about it before but never got round to ‘quite’ finishing it.  I had to take out the side pockets as the zips were very large so I sewed up the slots which made an ugly inside front.  I luckily found some black fabric in my stash which was suitable for lining.  I lined the front and back but not the sleeves.

I added big patch pockets too so I could put my phone in one and probably other bits and bobs in t’other!!!

Then the poor jacket waited and waited as I didn’t need it due to the warm weather.  Eventually we had a cold spell and I went through my stash of tatting bits and found lots of ‘things’ (commonly known as motifs) from the ‘box in the cupboard) and sewed them on.  Very pleased with the jacket and have worn it out a few times.



8 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Wow, that's gorgeous!! Worth having cold weather for.

Crazy Mom! said...

I love it! You look stylish and WARM!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Definitely worth waiting for cold weather. With all the layers - fabric over fleece....AND a lining - it should be nice and warm, too.
StephanieW

Lavinia said...

That's a great jacket!

GoldenMom said...

Wonderful jacket Jane! And I love how you sewed on the tatted motifs to embellish it even more. The colors look perfect for this time of year too! Well done.

Judith Connors said...

I second all the above. Very stylish.

God's Kid said...

Fantastic!! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

It looks great! I'm tempted to look through my closet to see if I could do something similar.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.