13 November 2023

Further to last Monday’s moan

The good news is that most of the booksellers took the offending book down off their platforms.
EBay uk and .com also removed it too but Amazon refuses both here in the UK and in America.  So, a partial success.  

My main reason for chasing this up is to help stop people who want to learn to tat from being ripped off with very inferior books with poor contents.  Also to prevent them buying the same book with a different cover.  It was only because the seller put EXACTLY the same introduction in all the books that my ‘little band of spies’ (not really!) spotted this that I was able to confidently take a small amount of action.

A photo to cheer you up.



10 comments:

Lavinia said...

I'm glad you won at least some of the battles. Some people are just after quick money...

Pigmini said...

I get the impression the Big A doesn't care if people are being ripped off.... long as they get their cut maybe? Love the pansy!!

Sewicked said...

I ended up on a social media site w/ lots of beginning tatters. I recommend they check with somethingunderthebed before buying a book.

Marilee Rockley said...

Happy to hear that the book of stolen patterns was taken down in some places, at least. For sure Amazon doesn't care.

Jane McLellan said...

Good that you had some success. Certainly not a recommendation for Amazon, shame on them.

Rose Anne B said...

Glad to hear you had some success! I'm not proud of Amazon in this instance.

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to get the 'fraud' book taken off at least SOME of the places. Every little bit helps. Some places are just after the money - they don't really seem to care, as long as they get 'their' cut of the profits. Unfortunately, that seems to be true in more and more areas now.

Unknown said...

So glad you had a partial victory. Love the pansy picture; such a beautiful color. My favorite flower.

GoldenMom said...

Glad many were taken off the market, but SO sad that Amazon didn't do the right thing.

Debra said...

I am proud of you Jane! often times people don't take a stand. I am glad most of the book platform listened

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.