18 January 2024

Socks again post

Well I made a start on a sock.  As you know I’m a ‘toe up’ sort of person and find that this works better for me as I can make the sock as long as I like and not have to worry about whether I’ve got enough yarn or not to finish the foot.

I work the toe and heel and then use the rest of the yarn weighing the ‘leftovers’ so that when I get to the halfway point I can stop.  Actually I stop a little before I need to do the top ribbing so I’ve got enough for that.





3 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

I like the idea of toe up, but have struggled with starting off. Nice colours.

Crazy Mom! said...

I love these. I've never made sock, mainly because I seldom wear them. And I'm not as good a knitter as you are.

Anonymous said...

Sure look nice. Never made socks looks hard

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.