16 February 2024

Gloves again!!

Progress is being made!!!   Each finger has its own label!!!  Another lesson I’ve learned with this pattern/idea is to knit half of the finger (roughly) then turn it inside out and darn in the starting tail.  This saves struggling to turn the whole glove inside out at the finish.

Actually this is a habit I have carried over from my tatting adventures.  I always sew in ends as I go along.  I cringe at the thought of sewing in ends when I see people who make HUGE doilies and then face the task of sewing in!!  Train the brain is my advice!!!!

Anyway here’s where I’m ‘at’ now!!!



4 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

It looks like you'll have your gloves done in no time! I like to hide tails as I go also.

Jane McLellan said...

Good habit to deal with threads as you go. Good idea to label the fingers too.

Jane S said...

Excellent idea about working the ends in as you go.

Of course now I have a strange mental image of you carrying a little bag full of fingers... :)

Jane Eborall said...

Well, Jane S - probably your mental image is correct!!! A mad old woman with a bag full of fingers!!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.