18 November 2010

Beaded neck purse

I think I forgot to let you all know that the beaded purse is now finished and back up on this url.

There are a few alterations to the original pattern but not too many!!!  It's an easy pattern needing only rings, chains and split rings - with a few beads here and there!!!  Ask Sally - she'll give you the honest true 'low down' on this!!!


This pattern is as old as Methuselah so was well overdue for a re-vamp!!!
This is the front.
Now the back!!
Finally the cord.
As an addendum - we had two letters come through the post yesterday but many more are still 'missing'.  I went to the sorting office in the end and the guy said that our mail was 'out for delivery'.  Hmmm, put out a search party for our postie - no sign of him down our road!!!

13 comments:

Sally Kerson said...

Nearly finished the purse I've been working on, just got bored with the finishing bits! It is great pattern and takes a lot, a lot of beads! Will blog when completed and tell you more.

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely purse, looks a great pattern, well done Margaret

Typstatting said...

Now are you sure there are a few beads looks to me like a lot! Any how it is a gorgeous purse just love it!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I LOVE it! I've been wanting a small beaded purse. Maybe this is the one for me. How many split rings? ; )

Jane Eborall said...

Hey, Lace-Lovin' Librarian - very few split rings, actually!!! They're only to take you up from one row to another so you could actually tie and cut (think before you do - more ends to sew in!!). Be brave, lass, be brave.

Anonymous said...

I love that purse! OOOOh, I so could see this in silver and black for an evening out!!

Elizabeth said...

Oh I think I have to make one. Love it.
Elizabeth

sewmuchfun4 said...

WOW!!! That is a great purse! At first glance I thought you had used two different colors of thread in addition to the beads and then I realized it was due solely to the change in beads. VERY pretty!

:) Ann

TAT19540 said...

Nice purse love the beads! But it is something I probably never do. Ok never say never, lined I could actually think of a use for it. Did you make the cord?

Jane Eborall said...

The cord is made using the double double stitch - easier than the other ways and gives a really great finish.

God's Kid said...

That looks so awesome! :)

slow design said...

love the your work. This, of course, and I also want to experiment a little.

Valerie said...

Neat purse, Jane. It's a masterpiece!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.