4 December 2007

Day 6 of the kangaroo

Last night a new kangaroo was born. The first long tailed kangaroo!!! Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!! I'm happier with the new block tatted legs but the tail turned out way too long as the whole thing has been thrown into a new position!!! If you look at the tail it's now coming from further down the back.
Something which could help pull her back into a better position is if I join the chain from top of the second leg to the chain leading to the joey.
Th lower parts of the legs need to be slightly longer and perhaps another two rows of block tatting will cure that - I'll try it tonight.
The joey is by no means right either! The head is too big and doesn't have the 'cute' factor yet. I used a ring for the mouth so that the head appears to peek over the top of the pouch. More work needed on that too. I've a feeling that if I join the head to a later chain so that it overlaps the upper body that might also help. Tonight I'm going to start again on a new tail etc - probably!!!

1 comment:

Tattycat said...

Hi Jane. I really like the new block tatted legs. I think it gives them a kangaroo look. You are doing a great job, but I don't know how you do this. I just can't commit myself to anything like this. I'm afraid I would end up committed!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.