6 December 2007

Day 8 - final draft, phewwwww

This is the final draft. I'm so pleased to have got to this stage. I shall now leave it for a few days while I make Christmas tree earwigs and other play stuff.
When I get back to the kangaroo I shall use brown/tan thread and start tweaking it. The mother's head needs to be slightly larger, there are 'issues' with the back legs and tail and perhaps the joey needs a bit more work too. I'm beginning to see that this pattern will eventually be OK.
I think I've also devised a method of writing it down for 'front side, back side' workers which may make it easier for all (WHO WANT TO) to use this method. Personally I don't bother if the item I'm making is going to be seen from both sides but in the case of the kanagaroo I think I shall only sew it onto something (or do what I usually do - chuck it down somewhere in the houselose it and forget it!!).

6 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very cute! I'm looking forward to the brown and tan version!

Tattycat said...

Wow! It really is a kangaroo and a joey! You did it! I can't wait to see it in kangaroo colors!

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

It's been fun to watch the progression of this design. I knew it would be wonderful! I love how mum and joey are looking right at me!

Tatman said...

PERFECTO! and how cute! I think you hit the nail on the head this time. Looks just like your drawing. And the joey looks like it is raising its head to look at its moma :) Intentional or happy accident?

Tatman said...

OH I SEE! DUH! The joey is looking straight at me! You could eliminate the left hand bead and use the one bead as the nose so it looks as if it is looking up ;) Another project!

Jane Eborall said...

Oh, Mark, that's a good idea - making the joey look up at his mom!! Back to the drawing board!!! Seriously it won't take much to alter that but should make a vast improvement. Thanks, SOJ.
X MOM

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.