2 December 2007

Kangaroo? What kangaroo?

Day off kangarooing yesterday.
I do have some tatting news to report, though. I went to the Lace Fair which was being held about twenty miles away. I'd arranged to meet up with Jennifer and Sheila there which was great. We met up at Lyn Morton's stall (Tatting and Design). It was lovely to see Lyn and Mike again and I soon spotted a lovely pendant she was wearing. She was selling the thread that she used for it which was a gold, sparkly one. The problem was that she had a range of shades so making decisions was hard. I'm a real ditherer when it comes to this sort of thing so find that the easiest way round it was to take three shades!!!
Jennifer and her friends (
two Welsh 'dragons' and a Scottish/Welsh one) that she'd brought with her and I all went to have lunch together. Lots of tat talk of course!! Then back to heaven - whoops, sorry, I mean the vending room.
From another place I bought a lovely pouch with clear pockets inside like one that SueH has got. Here's a link so you can see it. They had very few colours and the one I fell for was purple!!!
Also I got to speak to Pam Palmer. Yes, the real Pam Palmer. The last time I met her was about twenty years ago when she was more interested in my back!!! The reason for that was because I had one of my jackets on with one of her designs on it. I'll try and find the pictures she took - I only saw them a month or so ago! I've made lots of her patterns in the past and in those days they went onto my jackets. Now those designs are on hangings round the house! Pam, I might add, didn't look any different from when I last saw her. I asked her when her next book was coming out and she did say she was going to look through her stuff after Christmas and would see how she felt about things then. Keep your fingers crossed, folks!
Well that's about it for yesterday. I'm now going to take a serious look at the kangaroo again. May get something done about her this afternoon as it's persisting with rain today!!!

No comments:

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.