29 November 2008

Just thinking

I love playing. Mainly with shuttles and threads but I also love playing with the computer and the tricks you can do on it and with it.

Teri Dusenbury told me yesterday how she manages to get little hearts into her email signature. Thanks Teri - I was only being me - drop dead nosy!!!

It's the same with this blog. I love 'tinkering' with it - mind I do get 'shouted at' when I suddenly change the colours to VERY bright!!!!

When I found the 'followers' gadget of course, I had to play!! What's that saying about babies and playing? This IS my second childhood (who said 'only second'?) so I'm allowed to play. When I found it I added the 'followers' gismo to the blog. It's amazing to find that over 40 people now follow the ramblings of the 'old git in the UK'.

BUT what's really, really, REALLY good about this gadget is that you can follow other people. I find that this is an advantage as those I follow are easy to find on the dashboard. When they've updated their blogs it shows there straight away.

I use Mozilla Firefox or Opera as browsers as they have 'tabs' which you can leave open all the time. This way I can 'hop' from one tab to the other. In the first tab I've got my emails, the second is igoogle (customised to show all my favourites like the weather, the time, translator, currency convertor etc), the third tab has yahoo tatting groups, the forth my Etsy shop, the fifth has my blog (dashboard open!) and the other tabs are usually stuff I'm currently interested in.

This means I can just click on my blog tab and keep an eye on 'who's doing what' in tat land. It's a brilliant idea for a nosy tatter. Thanks, blogger.com. Thanks.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Ha! First thing I noticed was that your colors changed! You're all about Christmas now, right? Green & red.
IE has a tab sytem too. At home I have a certain order for the tabs. My work email is the first one, the yahoo email the 2nd, blogger the 3rd, and whatever I bring up after that is after. If my work email has to close for some reason, I really hate having it open at the opposite end and will often close them all and start over. Am I set in my ways or not?

Being at my friend's dial up computer is helping me evaluate some of those add-ons....they make the page load even slower, but they really are nice to have.

I'm dying to change my blog color...for some reason, the purple has suddenly become TOO PURPLE. Funny how your perception of colors changes. I think I just got burnt out on it.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.