27 October 2009

Progress is being made!


All files have now been transferred to the new mac (via a magic cable and with the help of number 4) so all I've got to do is learn how to use it!!!  Which reminds me - where DOES Apple hide the hash key on the keyboard?!?!?

I've found how to scan things, save etc and the printer, graphics pad etc all worked almost straight away (with a few driver updates).  Next I need to find time.

Busy week ahead with people to help out on their PC's.  Still it'll keep an old git out of mischief!!!

I am still tatting and may have something new to show next week - once halloween's out of the way!!

5 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I"m not sure what the hash key is...

\ above the return key
/ left of the shift key
" left of the enter/return key
= left of the delete key

I think I need an English/American English dictionary!

Unknown said...

Congrats on getting your files transferred!

Ridgewoman said...

I'm behind the learning curve. Can do a pdf, save, move photos about, down load incoming photos and upload those to a blog. Haven't got the printing, scanning and transferring conquered. But I do love my MAC.
OH and I can transfer files already on the MAC to one of those little portable file holder thingys. LOL
Still working on the Daisy Coaster...too many interruptions and joining to the wrong picot on the second motif repeat. And its such a SIMPLE pattern, too. Just problems concentrating with all these folks about!
X P

Maureen said...

I've really been enjoying the Mac posts between you and Bev! My son has been telling me for years that I should buy an Apple computer, but there's not a chance of that, I can switch this one on, and that is enough for me.
There's a shiny new and emormous Apple shop opening in our local shopping centre very soon, when I am browsing there, I will be thinking of both of you!

Jane Eborall said...

Oh, Maureen, Bev, Diane and TattingChic just wait til you read tomorrow what happened today!!! I seem to take three tentative steps forward and two fast ones back!!! I must admit it's the best move I've ever made. Just such a lot to learn and get used to!!!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.