16 March 2011

Oh my GOSH - part 1

You meet people online and get to know them pretty well over the years.  I want/need very little in life in the way of material things and sort of 'muddle' along pretty darn well with no particular ambitions - except what to tat next, of course.  The friends that I've made online are my 'real' friends cause we all talk the same language 'tatting'!!!

Among those friends are people like Sue Anna who works darn hard for a living but appears to spend ALL her earnings on spoiling people like me!!!!  For which, I might add, I'm extremely grateful and honoured.  

As you guys 'over the pond' probably realise - here in the UK we don't have the stores like Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Jo-Ann's etc.  Well, we do but they are few and far between and minute in size compared to 'over there'.  If we want to we can buy from the USA but there is the postage on top.  Do you remember that Sally and I put in an order from ZigZag Corner recently?  It arrived safely (fabulous vender, by the way) but unfortunately had been 'stopped and searched' by customs (the STINKERS) so our threads cost us a lot more than they should've!!!  That's why I'd already started a 'list' for when we go over to America later this year. 

I am now going to scrap that list!!!!  Here are the Lizbeth threads that Sue Anna kindly gifted me and which arrived yesterday.  See the brown variegated one?  I can feel critters coming on!!!!  What colours too.  BUT there's more to come tomorrow on this subject.

Oh, two new brooches in the shop today too!!!! 

10 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

Hi Jane,

You are right, we meet people in blog land, they all talk our lanuage (not just english) but tatting. What a lovely present and gorgeous colours, I am sure there are at least more than a couple of criters in there. gorgeous brooches.
Margaret

Maureen said...

What a lovely present! - we're so lucky that we can buy Lizbeth locally now, from Crochet Australia -haven't seen the variegated brown yet though. Now I am wondering what sort of animal has brown and white stripes?

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I wore my brooch to school yesterday... lovely compliments from students and teachers. Of course I told them that my friend in England made it. Everyone was very impressed that I have a friend in England. One of the girls asked me if you're going to the wedding... had me stumped for a few seconds!

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Lovely colors again on these brooches! Have fun creating with the gifts of thread from Sue Anna!!

Fox said...

So, you ARE going to 'The Wedding' - right? Diane is so funny!

Wonderful thread! Lucky you!

Canada is the same - at least it is in Toronto, where there are very few of that large kind of craft store that exists in the USA. I believe here are only two Michaels and they are waaay out in outlying areas - impossible for a downtowner like me to access.

So, I import from the States - it is indeed very costly - often ordering from ZigZag Corner when I really need something, as the owner is an absolute gem.

All said, we'd be in bad shape if there was no Internet shopping for thread and supplies! Shudder, shudder!
Fox : )

Anonymous said...

Beautiful ... Lucky OG you are!

The peacock blues is definitely a treasure - it's a favorite!

yes, Tatters are the best!

Jane Eborall said...

Oh, what a hoot!! ME - going to a wedding in the first place!!! We've not even had our own yet and it must be nearly twenty years since we got together!!!
Oh, darn, you meant the ROYAL one!!! Sadly I had to tell them I was too busy to attend. Busy keeping you lot in order in tat land!!!!
Yes, Lily definitely an OG!!!!

TAT19540 said...

Yes I work hard for the money, but don't we all! I just knew you would like the colors and had so much fun collecting and putting it all together!
I think your brooches are lovely and I know I love mine! Your colors choices are spectacular!
I've said it before tatters are the best! Who else understands 3-2-2-2-3 clr rw and not blink twice. lol.

Kathy Niklewicz said...

This is like watching a kaleidoscope show! Every day new color combos! So cool!

Even though we have all those stores, you seem to have hit the jackpot with those earrings at Asda. I've been searching the jewelry sections of the craft stores and dollar stores and even Wal-Mart itself, but no luck so far with finding anything resembling those earrings (or anything similar) that work so perfectly for your brooches.

I was cut off from the internet for only one day and felt all 'at sea'. I hate to miss even one day of new posts from everyone!

Cindy said...

You are soooo right about the generous tatter friends we meet online! I have been gifted some beautiful things that were not expected - the generosity is incredible. In fact, I was excited to receive YOUR handmade bags and a pop-a-bobbin shuttle! Tatting is the new language :)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.