12 April 2011

Book sale part 1

Last week I won around 20 tatting leaflets/books on Ebay.  From the pictures I could see that a lot were ones I'd already got - several times over.  Some of those I bought new in the fifties/sixties and I've long since replaced them with 'less battered' ones.  Amongst the books were these three which I'd not got so I'm keeping these for little MEEEEE.
So, what to do with the rest?  Let me tell you why I bid on these booklets.  The seller had tried to get rid of them the previous week but there were no bids at all.  Odd, I thought, so put them back in my watch list.  I realised (things take time with me!) why they weren't selling - they were listed as 'buyer collects' which limits the take up for any item.  So I wrote to her and said I was interested in all of them (they were in two 'lots') and what would she charge for posting them.  We struck a 'deal' and eventually I won them all.

Now, as I don't want the following ones and as I don't want to make money out of them (just to cover my costs) I'm going to sell them at £1.50 ($2.50) each plus packing and postage.  

So if you see any you want below then let me know (please send me your email address and I'll put your name on it.  I'll hold on until you've seen all of them over the next few days then work it out and let you know what it will cost to post.  You'll need a Paypal account too.  Does that all make sense?  OK here's what I've got!!!

1.  Coats Tatting number 919
2.  Penelope Tatting Designs number 380
3. Penelope Tatting book 5
4.  Penelope Tatting book 2

5.  Penelope Tatting book 3 (I have two copies of this)
There will be more tomorrow so please take a look at those too but by all means 'reserve' any that you want of today's straight away.

10 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

Hi Jane,

May I reserve Penlope Tatting designs no 380. thank you for offering the books, what a find you had and managering to get them.
thanks
Margaret

Sharren - Tatting in Greenwood, South Carolina said...

I'd like #1 and #2, please. Let me know what I owe.

Thanks!

Jane Eborall said...

Oh, sorry, Margaret that one went earlier on this morning. There'll be more tomorrow, though.

Jane Eborall said...

Oh, Sharren numbers 1 & 2 have gone I'm afraid (919 & 380). There will be more tomorrow, though.

Tatfully Yours said...

I would be interested in #3 if possible!

Jane Eborall said...

Number 3 (Penelope 5) is put by for you, Tatfully Yours. Could you send me your email addy, please. Keep an eye open over the next two days too!!!!

IsDihara said...

I also had my eye on 1. and 2. but that speedy Sharon got "dibs," LOL!

Sharren, one day might I please be able to sit down with you over tea and look through them with you?

I'll be back tomorrow for another look-see!

Marty said...

May I be greedy and reserve #4 (Penelope Tatting book 2) and #5 (Penelope Tatting book 3), please?
marty1066 at yahoo dot com

Jane Eborall said...

They're yours, Marty and you're welcome.

Martha said...

Poor me, I didn't turn on the computer this morning, and everything is long gone. Maybe tomorrow :)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.