25 November 2011

They've arrived!

Not sure how many people reading this blog know that Handy Hands run a sort of competition and Barb offers 25 balls of free thread for a new colour idea.  Now I submitted the colourway idea I've always dreamed of having and happily won twenty five balls of thread.  Not only is it amazing to see what you've always wanted to own made up in the new Lizbeth threads but then to get to own a ball of it and 25 more of any colourway you want is a once in a lifetime thrill.  Like winning the lottery, I suppose.  No, better, actually as lottery is only money.
So, this is the thread idea I submitted (Pink Cocoa) and here's a picture of the parcel.  I had to pay the wretched customs on it as Sally ordered some thread too.  Darn the customs people - they know how to spoil an old git's fun!!!

Anyway I knew it was coming on Tuesday so was watching out for the Parcelforce van.  The driver's never been greeted with the front door wide open and a smile as big as mine before.  Thank you, Handy Hands - you've made an old git very, very happy.

Oh, do you want to see inside the box?  Well, you'll have to wait until tomorrow or whenever I get round to it!!!!!


7 comments:

Anne said...

Lovely colour mix Jane.
But, come on, I want to see it tatted up!!!!!!

Sally Kerson said...

Well that is it for me ordering anything else from the USA, the thread I ordered cost as much as the customs! Will stick to suppliers in the UK as from now. Have my eyes on Yarn Yards HDT up in Scotland at the moment.

Gemini said...

It's a beautiful colourway. Great choice in colours! I can't wait to see it tatted into something. Congrats on the win!

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Great colorway Jane. I have wanted a variegated like this also. My friend made me a chochet doily in similar colors and told her at the time I wished they made tatting thread in this shade. Thank you for suggesting it to HH. I ordered some of this thread also. Have a great day!!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Yippee! I love the new colors... in fact, I do believe I have some in my stash already! ; )

Frivole said...

Lucky you, I'm so envious!! It would have been hard to make a choice though. I just received one ball of pink cocoa in the post this morning. I bought it just because it was yours Jane! I love some of the other new colourways too. I so wish I could have an inspired brainwave for a new colour...

IsDihara said...

So glad to read that your box of thread winnings has arrived! Pink Cocoa is a great colorway. Counting the minutes until the parcel contents are revealed.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.