26 November 2011

Opening the box!!!!

OK, now the world will know what I chose (Sally's are in the photo too).  Isn't that THE most wonderful site you've ever seen?  Lizbeth has a strange effect on me.

Normally when I buy something new (clothes, shoes or whatever) I keep them 'for best'.  I often wear (say, a coat) for ages without taking the shop label off - just in case.  I can keep things for months waiting for it to be 'for best' time and then eventually the penny drops and I remember that we two OG's don't 'do' best ever!!!  We lead a very quiet life and don't go anywhere that requires 'best'.

The point of this is that in the past I used to get a thread and do the same.  Not with Lizbeth, though.  I love the fact that each ball is wrapped in it's own wee bag.  BUT I can never wait to rip it's 'clothes' off!!!  Is there something kinky about me in my declining years?!?!?

Next job?  Another tidying of the tatting cupboard so I can get them all in!!!!

Now which one will I use first - and what for?  The answer, my friends is blowing in the wind!!!!!


15 comments:

Tat-a-Renda said...

Ooo .... I am so jealous of you good fortune. What ever it is that you tat, brain cell #3 may have to work overtime to utilise all these.

Maureen said...

What a very exciting parcel! What's the colour of the ball of thread on the left-hand side of the third row from the top? - I like it!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Lovely colors! I know what I would choose to tat with first... blue! Congratulations on all your new goodies!

Jane Eborall said...

I'll have a look later for you, Maureen. I need to find proper homes for them all so will see if I can find that one then.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful collection of thread and a great prize for your efforts.

Anne said...

Hi Jane

I could give a proper home to them all!!!!!!!

Enjoy tatting with them.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous threads,
Margarets designer cards via canaria islands
Margaret

Sharren - Tatting in Greenwood, South Carolina said...

Ooh...all the beautiful colors...all the possibilities...

Enjoy, enjoy!!!

Jane Eborall said...

Back again, Maureen. I think the one you were asking about is Tropical Punch which is number 132. Just going to put them away now!!!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

This is like receiving a treasure box filled with jewels! I'm still amazed that Lizbeth thread is being manufactured and am curious to know the details of how Barbara Foster made it happen! How lucky for US that she did! And this contest is amazing, too. They have so many color choices now that I can't imagine coming up with new ones! But what a great incentive to do so!

Congratulations on creating a new colorway and winning this prize!

Julie Romero said...

Thread...all the happiness of a box of chocolates, none of the guilt! What fun...and so many possibilities :-)

Suztats said...

I'm drooling over your win. Congratulations!

Medictabs said...

What a great box that arrived for you. I will have to keep trying to come up with new colors!

IsDihara said...

Ooh, the reveal was worth the suspense! Receiving such a big box of lovely threads is better than a holiday stocking filled with treats!

You have chose a treasure trove of lovely colours! Enjoy your bounty of beautiful threads.

Batty Tatter said...

Yes Jane, I believe you are likely kinky, he he. Anyone who can tat and create like you, just hast to be. Very happy to see you have your new stash. You'll have a blast.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.