15 November 2012

A new book


I just couldn't resist this little book by Rosemarie Peel.  I think I've now got all of her books (except her Christmas one) and they're worth every penny and MORE.  This one came up on Ebay and it's in perfect condition.  The motifs are all relatively simple but with Rosemarie's flair they are just so pretty.  I was intrigued with the way the flower called Primrose was started and made so will have to give that a whirl as it might lead to something else from the poor old brain cell 3.  You never know!!!!

It was Rosemarie that first came up with what I always think of as 'real' celtic tatting.  She took two elements, intertwined them and then 'anchored' them with a third element.  This has always intrigued me.  

The other style of what I personally think of as celtic KNOT tatting (making long chains and interweaving them) has it's place too but the two things shouldn't be confused.  I love Rosemarie's ideas and find that each time I buy one of her books I there are several things that I HAVE to try out!!!  Primrose is 'targeted' for a trial soon!!!

Oh, interestingly the book came from the same town where Rosemarie lives which I think is a  huge coincidence as they travel the world.  I asked the seller if he knew that and he didn't.  Small world, eh?

5 comments:

Jean said...

What a delightful find!

Valerie said...

Great find! Enjoy your book.

IsDihara said...

Clever girl, to snatch up this prize so quickly. I am green with envy! (Don't have this one in my tatting library...let the hunt begin!)

Martha said...

Very intriguing cover. I haven't seen this one before.

Ladytats said...

oh, looks like fun on the horizon. have a great tatting time.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.