16 November 2012

Doodad heaven!

In the post a few days ago there came this!!!  Actually it was the day after Miranda's surprise too!!!  Am I spoilt or am I spoilt?

More wonderful doodads from our blue Queen of the Doodads - Diane.  Thank you Diane.

Now at the moment I'm working on something else which I hope to share next week.  I'm hoping that at least one of these doodads and/or some of Miranda's might also be able to be used with the latest idea.

It's going to be a sad, sad week as my dear iMac is on a recall from Apple because the Seagate hard discs are liable to fail.  I've known about this for a month or so and contingency plans are in place.  I can continue with most things from the laptop but NOT drawings so you'll not get much of a break from my inane blog posts - poor things.

9 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Haha! I don't know about Queen of the Doodads... maybe princess! ;-)

Jane Eborall said...

As our queen would say 'arise Queen of the Doodads'. I've appointed you queen so queen you will be!!!!

Fox said...

And...Jane is the boss.

Fox : ))

Susie said...

I've worked your "pendant on a metal center" with the shape doodads of which you have 5 on Intatters...added an extra ring in the center and increased the size of the split rings one stitch per side...if you're interested.

Jane Eborall said...

Susie, I'm always interested and would love a link to see what you've done. I'm a nosy old git, you know!!!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Well, if the queen has spoken...

Susie said...

http://www.intatters.com/album.php?albumid=1161 is my album on intatters...I've taken a picture of the pattern modification and a few of the pendants I finished.

Jane Eborall said...

Oh, Susie, those are lovely. When I get time could I add that modification to the pattern, please? If you can send me a copy of what you did that would help immensely.

Susie said...

Dear Jane,

You are welcome to add what I changed...

The lock chains went from 6 stitches to 7.

The split rings became 1+4-1/7.

The pair of central rings are both 1+5+5-1.

The outside split rings are 3+(bead) 3/4 (3beads) 4 (on the left and right) and 3+(bead)3/4 dangle 4 at the bottom.

This means that only 2 beads go on the light colored thread and the dark thread gets 3 (DangleBeads) 3. I also work the split ring on the back side to make the ring thread the one making the join...that way the join is on the first half of the split ring instead of the second...important for variegated, not a big deal for solids. The album has pictures of what I did, though the writing may be too light to read.

Glad you like them...I like your pattern!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.