12 November 2012

Face of a reindeer!


Today is going to be 'interesting'!!  On Friday I had a letter from Parcel Force telling me that they had a package to deliver to me BUT that I'd got to pay £18.00 (nearly $29.00) customs and excise duty (plus handling charge) before I could have it.  I was held to ransom over this as I think it might be the new Aerlit shuttles from Barb.  Having 'spoken' to Barb I'm now not sure as the value of the shuttles certainly wouldn't merit a charge like THAT!!!!  Of course I paid it - curiosity got the better of me!!  I'll tell you more tomorrow but for now I have a new pattern for you.  

This could be a useful little doodle, I think!!!  I suppose you could add it to Christmas cards etc.

It came about during a conversation when Sally and I were at Joanie's.  She asked if I could possibly do a reindeer face and showed me a picture of a tatted reindeer head.  I've no idea how it was made or who by so when I got home I had to start completely from scratch.  Well I normally start from scratch anyway so that I don't meet any copyright issues.  

Scratch?  No I haven't got fleas!!!!!

Anyway, here is a link to it.  Joanie test tatted it for me but the nose has undergone a small change since then (sorry, Joanie).  She also suggested (and tried) doing it using the double double stitch too and it works well made like that.  The first picture is the head worked normally and the second using the double double.  Have fun with it - I'd love to see if it really does work on cards etc!!!!



16 comments:

Orsi said...

It's so cute! I love it!

Margarets designer cards said...

He looks really cute,
Margaret

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

With Rudolph in sight, can snow and/or Christmas be far behind? ;-)

Maureen said...

He's perfect! - Dianna Stevens has a tatted Moose head, perhaps that's the one you were thinking of?

http://web.archive.org/web/20080703083813/http://www.domesticarts.com/Patterns/moose.html

Jane Eborall said...

No, Maureen, that's not the one Joanie showed me!!! The mystery thickens!!! I'll have to ask her. I remember hers was much simpler than Dianna's which is lovely.

Maureen said...

Got it! The Rudolph Edging from Rosemarie Peel's Yuletide tatting ? Page 28.
I love a good pattern hunt!

Jane Eborall said...

I haven't got that book but I doubt it's that one as the picture Joanie showed me was out of a magazine from what I can remember!!! Is mine anything like Rosemarie's? If so I'll ditch it off my site.

Maureen said...

No, not like it,except that both are outlines of heads; yours is different!
And Rosemarie's Rudolph is an edging.

AndicatHawaii said...

Does your mind EVER stop? You are always coming up with such wonderful ideas - and then you ACT on them. Not only your mind, but your fingers as well. I admire you.

Sara said...

Love it! He´s so cute!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Well, now I have to run out and buy red and black beads!!! He is SO adorable!!! I'm going to make gift tags, which can be hung on the tree as ornaments!

Miranda said...

That is very cute! The one with the DDS ends up being a bit more triangular, and thus looks more like an actual reindeer's head. They both work really well, though!

God's Kid said...

Those are so cute!!! :)
I was just thinking the other day that a tatted reindeer would be neat!! Thanks for making it a reality!! :)

Sally Kerson said...

Have just made the reindeer (first seen in Joanie's house!!) and added a tail and bell.
I'm sure this is going to be a very useful pattern for Christmas. Well done for making it happen!

Batty Tatter said...

The reindeer is adorable.

Batty Tatter said...

I tried to open this, but can't get it. A moose head sounds so cute.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.