27 May 2013

The end - nearly!!


So, 36 motifs finished of the Ferris Wheel motif.  The outer round motifs have no buttons in the centres - just because I wanted to make sure the pattern worked with and without!!!!  

Now I want/need to work out an outer round as it just doesn't look finished.  In fact it looks disastrously naked!!!  Naked tatting?  YIKES.  Send for the tatting police!

Sally was up here over the weekend - this is her blog.  She brought up a dozen pop a bobbin shuttles - all with hooks.  For those who have never met a pop a bobbin shuttle - please visit the tab at the top of this page for more information.

As there are so few of them I'm just going to list them when I have time.  It'll be a case of whoever sees them and wants them - gets them.  I did that a few weeks ago with the last batch and they went within a few days giving those in other time zones the opportunity to see them and me a lot more exercise trotting up and down to the Post Office.

No, that's wrong - in my case it's down and up to the Post Office as there's a slight incline down into the town!!!

7 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Such a whirl of colour - beautiful!

Cindy said...

I love how this looks - so colorful like a patchwork quilt. Can't wait to see what you decide on for a border - I'm seeing something scalloped :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love all the different colors! Naked?! Oh, no! What will you do to remedy the situation? I guess I'll have to keep checking your blog to find out! :-)

Julie Romero said...

It will be interesting to see what you do with that edging...it's a beautiful thing with all of those colors. It does remind one of an evening at the fair/carnival...all the bright colors and pretty lights!

God's Kid said...

Those are so fabulous!!! I love all the colors!!! :)

Ladytats said...

Gorgeous Mat. That is a lot of tatting and so many pretty color combinations.

Unknown said...

I love this Ferris Wheel pattern, Jane--and your mat is sensational! You've matched the colors beautifully!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.