4 April 2014

Got IT!!!

Solved the problem of the centre that I didn't like. 

I realised that I needed to have something 'in there' to stabilise it. That (before this 'invention') centre part was like a dead eye staring at me and because of it I was no longer seeing the rest of the motif!!!

So, with smaller side rings, split rings on the chains and now the centre solved then I'm 'good to go' on this motif!!!!  I LOVE the way the chains coming out of the centre rings 'look' as if they're sort of going through the green chains.

All this is achieved with no ties and ends until it's finished!!  Mind, if you want to work it that way then you do need to know the split chain (VERY small one) and the SSSR carrying the second colour.  More about that later!!!  IF I remember!

14 comments:

A casa con Manu said...

davvero molto bello... complimenti sei bravissima
ciao a presto...

Eve said...

very Nice! Love it. are you going to write out the pattern for it?

Nancy G said...

I really like the concept of using the s/ch AND the SSSR. I don't see them too often and a refresher course is always needed. So, with nice to see this! For me, it would be a great practice while I tat! *smile*

muskaan said...

I actually liked All of your square motifs ! Especially the way the long chains radiate into beautifully shaped petals.
But I'm so glad you are finally satisfied & can commence joining. This motif will give out unique sub-patterns -- like a kaleidoscope !

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Another brilliant motif! It's amazing to 'watch' you work!
Your contributions to tatting are invaluable! So innovative!

IsDihara said...

Absolute and complete LOVE for this motif! If only I could keep up with you...you design faster than I can tat. But I am not complaining. Computers make it possible for my L_O_N_G "must tat" list to not get lost. I will tat them all in due time.

Thanks for working all the kinks out of this one. It is a keeper!

Jane McLellan said...

Thumbs up to those changes!

Marty said...

Oh, very well done, Jane! This is a great-looking motif. I can hardly wait to see what a bunch of them look like hooked together.

Jane Eborall said...

Yes, Eve. I have to write things down for myself anyway so it'll get shared on my pattern site - hopefully next week!

Tally Tatty said...

Very clever AND pretty design! I am not ready to make this one . I am happy you like it as well.

tatterjil said...

Looking good! The two colors make such a fun pattern.

God's Kid said...

Very nice square!! :)

Phyllis said...

Love the square motif.

Fox said...

Yes! That centre bit is brilliant! : )

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.