Solved the problem of the centre that I didn't like.
I realised that I needed to have something 'in there' to stabilise it. That (before this 'invention') centre part was like a dead eye staring at me and because of it I was no longer seeing the rest of the motif!!!
So, with smaller side rings, split rings on the chains and now the centre solved then I'm 'good to go' on this motif!!!! I LOVE the way the chains coming out of the centre rings 'look' as if they're sort of going through the green chains.
All this is achieved with no ties and ends until it's finished!! Mind, if you want to work it that way then you do need to know the split chain (VERY small one) and the SSSR carrying the second colour. More about that later!!! IF I remember!