2 April 2014

The morning after

All Fool's Day was really a daft day to start out on a new venture on my web site!!!!! Particularly when it needed me to look at source codes and other html   issues!!!

I did have a search thingy on the front page of my site at one point but it was pretty darn useless, I thought, so I took it off ages ago. Then I read somebody asking somebody (it could've been me), somewhere on a list somewhere on the internet if there was a search facility somewhere or other.

That woke up BC3 out of the doldrums so off we set to solve the problem of putting a search on my pattern site!!!

Thank you once again, Mr Google, for pointing us both in the right direction. Having found the right place to generate the right source code that I thought I needed all I had to do was to add it to the front index page. Easier said than done!!!

The instructions said to put it in the 'body' of the page so it couldn't go in a table. Then there was the 'how to' do it too.

I set aside the whole of yesterday morning to do this. 

So, how long did it take? Well (and this is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth) - a LOT less time than it's taken to write this blog post!!!!

I present my pattern site along with it's new search facility!!

5 comments:

Pigmini said...

LOL.... it's either a 2 second job or it all goes haywire and takes 2 days and then ask for help!!! VBG

Well Done Miss!!

Madtatter80 said...

How wonderful and great gift to tatters to have this organized and easy to find,
thank you Jane!

Jane McLellan said...

Good job!

Marty said...

Way cool! I tried it out and it works just fine. It tickles me, but I also like browsing through your site periodically. Never know when something will strike me as a need-to-do-this-now.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I'm so happy that you were able to put BC3 to work for this project. I'm not sure my brain would be up to it!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.