26 May 2017

Another new start

Remember these beads I've been working with? Well there are three sizes and as we all know - size is critical. Well, almost as tatting does have a bit of 'give' to it.

A neighbour and I went on a 'jolly' to Birmingham a few weeks ago and I mentioned I'd be looking out for more beads in the same sizes. Nothing, zilch, nowt in the market or anywhere else. 

Then Sue happened to be in a nearby town a week or so later and found a necklace with beads and rings which she bought for me from a charity shop. 

The beads turned out to be quite a lot bigger than the ones I'd been playing with so it's back to the 'drawing board' - as 'they' say!!!

Here's a 'pattern' for the beads. I know, it's not very glamorous as it's a test to see if my guess work design fits or not! I'd say it was a good, snug fit! Now to write it down properly and use some 'decent' thread to see what comes of it. I'm thinking Christmas decorations but BC3 may have other ideas!

4 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Well, you've established the principle involved.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I have lots of Christmas ornaments that need some embellishment. Unfortunately, they're a bit larger than your beads. Still, as Jane M says, you have the principle established, which is much further than I've ever ventured!

Madtatter80 said...

There is great potential for these guys love them!

God's Kid said...

Looks great!! :)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.