15 September 2020

A puzzle for you all!!!

Can you guess what this is?

I'm sure  you've been able to read BC3's little brain by now so I'm not going to keep you in suspenders (whoops, suspense) for long.

They're fingers.  YES THEY ARE.  It's thanks to a very nice lady (thank you, Mary) who left a comment on my Facebook tatting page telling me that you can knit gloves from the fingers to the cuff.  

What a splendid idea when you're using up 'odds and ends' like I was in the last two pairs of gloves.  This would mean that you could make all the fingers the same and then play with the hand  and cuff with whatever you liked.  

So, off I went on another adventure.  More on Thursday when I've got a bit further.  If I'm managing OK I'll give you the link too.  Remember - knitting isn't my 'thing' really but I do enjoy a challenge.


9 comments:

Maureen said...

Won’t it be fiddly to join them to the body of the glove? I will be interested in seeing the finished gloves. Are you using very short double pointed needles? I have a set of 5 inch dpns. they’re ebony, made in Vietnam and come in such a tactile little tin. I wish I had bought more of them when I had the chance, they came in all sizes. But it was years ago, the shop is long gone and I don’t even know if they are still being made.

Jane Eborall said...

Actually it’s a lot easier than the ‘normal’ way of picking up stitches and trying not to have a gap. More later on that.
I’m using dpn’s for the fingers and then two circular needles for the hand. I had to learn that part too. All this is making my continental knitting a lot, lot faster!!! I’m so lucky as I bought the dpn’s in Canada with good advice and I love them. The one circular is a bamboo one that Joanie kindly gave me when I was in America last year.

Jane McLellan said...

That sounds intriguing.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I've never knit gloves. This looks interesting!

Pigmini said...

Sounds interesting!!

Jane Eborall said...

Not only interestingness Pigmini, Diane and Jane it’s also a better way for not having that pesky gap at the base of the fingers.

Ladytats said...

how interesting! will be sure to check in to see the rest.
good on you for doing things that you are not so comfortable with.

Jane Eborall said...

Oh, Ladytats - I love a challenge and only get up in the mornings to see what lies ahead each day!!!!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

First, I'm so delighted you enjoy continental knitting. It is still fighting to be accepted although I see a lot more of it on YouTube, which is great.

Second, I'm really interested in seeing how the fingers attach, although I think I have an idea. I love the idea of knitting the fingers first!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.