19 August 2021

Back to the 'day' job!

Now this is progress over the last week since I started on the shirt.  I'm going very, very slowly with this as I respect the silk very much.

You can see on the top photo that the collar has gone and on the second photo I'm opening up the front too having, of course, removed the buttons!!  I've also cut off the cuffs as well.  I'm also wondering what length to make the sleeves but that decision doesn't have to be made for a good while yet.  

I thought working with black was bad enough but working with white sewing threads while deconstructing this is a LOT worse.  The silk shines so much and it's a case of slowly, slowly, catchee monkey!!!!



3 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

It will be fun to see how this project turns out!

Pigmini said...

Oooh... Decadent or what?? Will watch this with bated breath!! Did'ya think I'd emigrated???

Jane Eborall said...

I knew where you were and what you were up to!!! I have my worldwide spies, you know!!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.