24 May 2023

Progress on the new jacket

This is going well at the moment. Long may that last!!! All the fabric is made although there may be places which need more squares or adjustments. I’ve also done a zigzag stitch to anchor and give more substance to the fabric. Now to plan how to add this to the original fleece. Bring out BC3!!!

The top picture shows all the pieces laid out on the grass and the second shows the zigzag round the squares. They need a good pressing under the iron and then I’ll be trying to puzzle out how to proceed!!!


5 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Wear that over your new dress and it won't need any embellishment! Gorgeous.

Rose Anne B said...

Good luck on putting it together!!! Love the colours!!!

God's Kid said...

Fabulously colorful!! :)

Terry said...

Hi Jane-
Make the jacket with the quilted squares and then put the other jacket inside and tack both together.

Jane Eborall said...

That’s what I did with the last jacket, Terry. I’m trying to think of a way of keeping the zip pockets this time but I don’t think it’ll work!!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.