27 June 2023

Competition time but no prizes!!!!

The competition is to spot the old git who’s tatting!!!!  That wasn’t hard, was it!!!

The photo was taken by a local paper’s photographer in Alcester library a few weeks ago and I thought it was worth sharing.  

Can you see the lady in the pink trousers with the gorgeous white hair sitting at the front?  Well that’s Betty.  She’s 97 now (waiting for a second hip replacement) and next to her holding her ball of yarn is Nicky who is one of the library staff.  Betty knitted - well, I’m not going to tell you as it says in the article which you can click on to enlarge.  

Nicky helped with the bobbles for the hats and she provides us with the thermos of water to make our cups of tea.  You can’t have a Crafternoon without a cuppa, can you?


7 comments:

Crazy Mom! said...

Go Betty! She looks very spry!

You are the youngster with the group, aren't you?

Jane Eborall said...

No I’m not, Crazy Mom! There are a few younger than me!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, is that 'the dress' you have on? The one you and Sally bought and trimmed with tatting? Looks great!
StephanieW

Jane Eborall said...

Yes it is, StephanieW. Well spotted!!!

Rose Anne B said...

Yeah ladies!
Hey, hope I can catch a train from London in time to have a cuppa with you ladies before you split to go home! Going to see where this is from my hotel.

Rose Anne B said...

Hmmmmm seems like 2-3 hours walk from my hotel but a 12 minute car ride. Hmmm, depending on my arrival time might take a cab to the Library?

Jane McLellan said...

Aha, I see you at the back. Good to have publicity for the group and Betty’s hats, perhaps you’ll get more participants.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.