23 August 2023

One and a half!

Socks, that is!!!  Now I'm at the stage (well, 1½" to go) when I'll soon need to start putting on stitches for the calf of the second one (lower picture).  Liz wants them knee length which is fine by me but takes a tad longer and also needs to be 'moulded' round the calf. 
I did the first one as you'll see and that's fits fine and I'm really chuffed with it.  Thankfully for the second calf all I have to do is follow my notes - IF I can understand them, that is!!!  

This is the joy of knitting from toe to cuff - you can try them on and see EXACTLY where these little foibles have to be addressed.  All I did is say 'hello calf' and it was a case of 'job done'.  Well, not really - i did need a tape measure to help me!!!

I'm going to make her another pair and I know exactly which yarn she wants but have resisted buying it until the 'end is nigh'!!!  




5 comments:

God's Kid said...

Looks great! :)

Crazy Mom! said...

Love the stripes. Bless your cotton socks!

Rose Anne B said...

WOW!!!

Martha said...

Great looking socks! I always do toe up for just that reason.

Lavinia said...

That's a fun pair of socks! I'm almost itching to make some too, but I'm back at just scarf level.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.