16 October 2023

Monday moan back again!

I’m just FED UP with Facebook at the moment.  I’ve set up the groups that I’m in to send me email notifications of ‘what’s going on in Tat land’ and nowadays it’s constant advertising of people who are selling patterns on Etsy.  In fact it’s mainly just two people who are doing it.
When I say ‘constant’ I’m talking about several times a day from these people.  For GOODNESS SAKE if their patterns were that ‘good’ they wouldn’t need to constantly barrage the rest of us with their advertising.  I will NEVER buy off those people just because they’re so annoying.  Even the groups where advertising is banned are inundated with the adverts.  There’s one person who uses two names so that makes double the annoyance.  I’m monitoring the situation and leaving the groups that constantly let them do this.  I reckon I’ll soon not belong to any tatting groups.  Will you miss me?



11 comments:

Maureen said...

As long as you stay tucked up safely here I won’t miss the Facebook contact. ( although I think I am guilty of buying the patterns and enjoying the advertisements………)

It’s peaceful to come here and wander down your riverbanks with you. I would most definitely miss your walks. It’s been too hot to walk today, unfortunately I am a night owl, so never awake in time to go out at dawn before the heat begins.

Jane McLellan said...

I only belong to Just Tatting, that’s enough for me.

Debra said...

Oh Jane, yes you would be missed! I too have been buried in adverts of all kinds so much that at times that's all that is on my feed.. very aggravating!!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

As long as you are still blogging, I won't miss you. I tend to scroll through most of what I see on Facebook. You're right... there are way too many advertisements!

Pigmini said...

?? I'd miss you!! I'd miss the walk pics, the boat pics, and all the other things you post!! Don't cut us off from all the other happenings in your busy life!! I too have got fed up of all the posts, and don't look as often as I used to!

Phyllis said...

FB has certainly changed. Been doing a little house cleaning myself over there. Keep the blog going. Enjoy your posts.

Anonymous said...

We will miss your comments for sure.

Rose Anne B said...

YES, YES, YES!!!! I'd definitely miss your walking pictures and your stories! I'm wondering if one can block certain individuals within a group? 🤔

Lavinia said...

I've deleted my Facebook account, but I would certainly miss you if you stop blogging.
I hope you find a better notification solution though, so you don't need to leave the groups.

picotsnkeys said...

I never found a way to enjoy Facebook. I never go there unless the information is not available anyplace else. That usually means a business that doesn't post anyplace else. So, if you, or any tatting group, left Facebook. I wouldn't notice.
I'd notice if you stopped blogging. Just like I've noticed how tough it is to pull off a TIAS. I notice what you post here. I like it!!!

Jane Eborall said...

Thanks for the feedback everybody. It's certainly helped. I'm trying out different settings on Facebook including blocking the perpetrators of constant advertising, leaving groups altogether and also getting rid of email notifications. I think the latter will be the best way forward so that only people who really do want to make contact will find their way through by 'tagging' me. Like you, picotsnkeys I've never enjoyed Facebook.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.