19 October 2023

Patchwork cloth finished

It’s finally done.  My winter project but winter has only just arrived!!!  I didn’t spend any money on this as all the fabric was in my stash.  

As it’s going to live on an antique table I decided to use some lightweight wadding/batting inside to protect it.  I’m going to ‘stitch in the ditch’ round some places to prevent the wadding from moving when it gets thrown in the washing machine.  I think this is one of the most satisfying projects I’ve ever done as I’ve not ‘fallen out with it’ yet!!!

For those who know me well - it will NOT be going into a box in the cupboard!!!




14 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

It's really magnificent! And done so quickly! Well done.

Lavinia said...

It looks really good! Well done!

Debra said...

Beautiful work! I have never hand stitched a quilt top. I have only machine seen. I am overwhelmed by how quickly and how beautiful this piece turned out

Anonymous said...

Fabulous!

Maureen said...

It’s absolutely beautiful. You will have to take a picture of it on the antique table, I’d really like to see it in place.

Crazy Mom! said...

Oh Jane - this is SPLENDID! Absolutely gorgeous!

And if you ever tire of it, you know whose home would be happy to have it...

Rose Anne B said...

WOW!!!! That's beautiful and I'm glad you've not fallen out with it after all the work you put in on it! Enjoy it on your table!

Anonymous said...

Stunningly beautiful. It reminds me of a starry night.

Anonymous said...

Jane, that is gorgeous! It will look wonderful on the table. What a treat it will be to see it every day!
StephanieW

Jane Eborall said...

Thanks everybody. I really enjoyed making it but the tatting suffered!!! Along with the housework too!!!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

God's Kid said...

It looks fantastic!!! :)
It is so amazing to see how different it looks on the 2 different backgrounds.

Ladytats said...

Awesome Jane!
looks very good. And done by hand not machine. I congratulate you.

GoldenMom said...

Gorgeous Jane! I agree that it SHOULD be displayed and used. Enjoy!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.