12 January 2008

An ancient pattern!

I remembered that some years ago I did a heart pattern. The two intertwined ones below are what I made for my youngest daughter's wedding. We used them on the place settings.

A few weeks ago when I was out at the local garden centre (they also have a craft department on site) I found some very pretty heart shaped beads. They have a hole at the top and one at the bottom which go from back to front (or, front to back!!). I took a guess and found that they fit the little heart.

I'm wondering if I ought to put this pattern on my site. I must go and check to see if anybody's done it before!!!!

Well I've checked with one of my tatting gurus - Georgia Seitz (didn't want to bother Sue Hanson as she's so busy with HBT at the moment) and she's not seen it before. So, now I must put a page together and get it into cyberspace!!! Tat'll keep me quiet for an hour or ten!!!

2 comments:

Tatskool said...

I can vouch for this being a gem of a pattern. I made 130 pairs of hearts for my daughters wedding. Made them in to place cards/bookmarks for each guest to take away. They were a great hit.
You can see them on my blog http://tats-kool.blogspot.com
search the wedding label and go right back to Aug 10th 2006

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very pretty! I like the way you incorporated the bead.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.