13 October 2009

I've spent my birthday money!


Now what did I spend my birthday money on?  Oooooh, well, there's a story.

Anybody who knows me will realise that I'm not very good at spending money.  I'll only buy something 'when I need it'.  I see things and think - oooooh, I'd like that.  Then brain cell # 3 clicks in and says - "but do you NEED it"?  99 times out of 100 the answer is "not really" and I don't buy it - oh, unless it's threads, beads or something tatting related, of course and then I might!!!

So, when I tried to upload a pattern (still not quite ready for you guys!!!) onto my web site a few days ago and it wouldn't 'go' I realised that the time had come to 'bite the bullet' and buy myself some more web space!!!!  That's what I spent my birthday money on.

I've had the tattysaurus up on a free web place since his 'birth' but he's always had those infuriating banners above his noble head.  So I 'bought into' freeservers.com.  Instead of getting the tattysaurus when you put in this url you now get my front index page.  The links will take you back to the original site but it may mean that more people get to see the patterns - if they want to!!!

Oh, Georgia, don't panic.  I'll not be changing anything on the original site - promise!!!!  I've now uploaded all my site onto the freeservers server - just in case!!!

3 comments:

Valerie said...

orhhh, that's so sweet, jane. you are always such a thoughtful girl and being thrifty is still a virtue!

Miranda said...

So really, you've given all of us a gift for your birthday! The more space for patterns, the happier we will all be!

Tatskool said...

OMG the ad on the bottom of this post on google reader was 'SECRET LOVE MESSAGES 10 euro a week!!!'

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.