24 March 2010

Bad news and good news

Let's get the bad news out of the way first.  I've had quite a few emails from people who are telling me that the pattern page here isn't working.  I think I've tracked the problem down.  It's only happening in Internet Explorer and (so Nick tells me) they did an update yesterday.  What a relief - I thought I'd done something wrong!!! It's working well in the two browsers I use - Firefox and Safari.  


Now for the good news.


Remember Nicole?  She emailed me yesterday and she wants three MORE lots of random tatting!!!  That's a lot of tatting!!!

I'm off to the NEC on Thursday and again on Sunday for two days of demonstrating.  That's the 'National Exhibition Centre' near Birmingham.  It's the Sewing for Pleasure exhibition and the Ring of Tatters always has a spot there (courtesy of the organisers) to demonstrate our addictive craft!!!  In fact, here are some photos I took last year of our stand on the days I was there.

So, I'm hoping that we can sort out exactly what Nicole requires (colours, width and length) so I can take it with me to do.  'Random tatting' sounds just the thing when you keep picking it up and putting it down all day!!!

4 comments:

Maureen said...

You're right - Internet Explorer isn't showing the pattern pages, I've just tried. I didn't know it was down, let's hope it's fixed soon.
Your last lot of Random Tatting was wonderful, I look forward to seeing what you come up with this time. It's a bit like the knitting and crocheting "scrumbling", isn't it? - just making shapes and textures as you go.

sewmuchfun4 said...

That's so great that you are going to do more random tatting! The last endeavor was used so beautifully. I hadn't heard of scrumbling before, but your random tatting from last time made me think how neat it would be to have tatted stippling like quilters do to cover an area. I played around with it a bit, but so far I'm not ready to cut my pattern apron strings!
:) Ann

Tattycake said...

I got your pattern page back! Found out that if I used my saved shorcut to your page www.e.n.e.btinternet.co.uk/ it did not display. But, I went into msn.com and did a new search and the link is different http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~nickeb/ which works fine. I saved that to my favorites and all is well...again.

Jane Eborall said...

Hi Tattycake. That page is no longer up to date, I'm afraid!!! I'm working on the problem at the moment. Seems only to be IE that's causing it!!! I'm just going to find another computer in the house to test what I've been working on to see if it's any better. Brain cell 3 is working SO hard!!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.