23 November 2012

Last two buttons!


These are the last two of the large button brooches - BUT I've more buttons to show you soon.  I think they'll be ready to bore you next week.

Good news on the iMac - it arrived home yesterday and is now back in it's clean and tidy corner.  Wonder how long THAT will last - being clean and tidy, I mean!!!  

The company who did this for Apple (and me!) are called Amsys and were truly great.  You rarely get service like theirs nowadays so I think it's worth mentioning here as praise should be given where it's due.  Picked up Monday, returned Thursday with the new hard disc and all back as normal.  I did pay for my data to be restored on to the new disc and it was well worth not having the hassle of using backups to do it.

I spent all yesterday morning setting up the shuttle listings and adding a new page to the top of the blog with the post shuttles on and adding two new woods to the Pop a Bobbin page too.  Sadly they are not the best of pictures but that's mainly due to the really dull and VERY wet weather we've been having - floods all over the UK and my regular walk well under water.  I apologise for the bad photos and when and IF we see the sun before those shuttles leave the house I'll take more and replace them.

9 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

Very pretty brooches, We have a floods down here and a lot of surface water, the ground is so wet it just can't take anymore, and there's more forecasted down here. Who did a rain dance for rain back in may when they told us we had a drought needs shooting, as soon as they announced the drought it has not stopped raining.
Margaret

Corina said...

Lovely buttons!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Button, button, who's got the button? You won't bore me... buttons and doodads have taken over my life, it seems!

Anonymous said...

I like all your lovely buttons Jane, the colours are lovely. I have never seen anything like these before.
Susan x

Frivole said...

Hi Jane, your button brooches are really pretty - I particularly like the colours on the last one in this post, what's the thread please? Is that Sea Island Citrus?

Jane Eborall said...

Yes, Frivole, I think it is!!! I'm hopeless at recording the threads I use - I must apologise for that. Will have to teach the old brain some new tricks!!!

God's Kid said...

Beautiful!! :)

Kathy Niklewicz said...

An amazing collection of these button brooches - so colorful! I can't believe how quickly you do them!

I'm glad your iMac has returned. I'm intrigued that they 'pick up and deliver'? Sounds like great customer service! My mind is still boggled that you were able to transfer your patterns when the BT closed their hosting service this year! We were all holding our breath over that one!

And I can't believe how much rain you've been having! It must be so frustrating!

Jane Eborall said...

Hi Kathy. Apple had to arrange collection and return of the iMac as we couldn't have managed the monster ourselves. The nearest Apple store is in the middle of a shopping centre (mall) and we'd have had to transport the huge box from the car park to the store.
I keep checking my feet to see if they've become webbed!!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.