4 November 2013

Makes you want to spit


Must tell you about a shock I had yesterday.  I was trolling around looking for something tatting related on the internet and came across my pattern on a blog.  This blog, actually.  No mention of where the pattern came from or who designed it.  I found something of Jon's on there further down the blog - but that has her name on it.

I've left a comment on one of her other posts about it but cannot find any way to add one to that particular post or any means of contacting the blogger.  I would appreciate it if a few more people would point out to her that the design can be found on my site here and that there are diagrams that go with it too.  if you can find some way of doing that!!  

Something that really annoys me is that it's been copied from the pdf file (not easy to do) and copied BADLY with spaces and repetitious RW's even and no diagrams.  Any help would be appreciated by BC3 and meeeee.  It's not the end of the world but it's mildly annoying and needs stamping on in case further stuff is taken!

Another little gecko today this time made in Lizbeth Ocean Sunset - number 155.

9 comments:

Jenn said...

Sorry to hear that Jane :(.

Andrea said...

sorry Jane . will help if I can x

Andrea said...

If you go to the blog page above, click in bottom RH corner of page to give feedback to Google! I left some relating to copyright, but couldn't find anyway to comment on her actual page! Sorry x

Jane McLellan said...

That's very wrong. I hope someone can help you show the lady the error of her ways. Love the colourful gecko, he would be at home with some of the geckos that live on rocks here.

TAT19540 said...

Sorry Jane that people do that to anyone. ;( Just think of all the people you help with all your lovely instructions and patterns! I know it doesn't make it right, but those of us who acknowledges you appreciate all you do!

Jane Eborall said...

What really annoys me is that whoever did that post made such a bad job of it!!!! No diagrams, and text badly taken too. It doesn't bother me too much about not assigning copyright but I hope that anybody who finds that page doesn't try to make the bookmark and then 'blame' the designer (whoever that is!!!!!) for any problems they may have!!

Tally Tatty said...

Is it me, or is that a very obscure blog? It looks like an amateuristic joke. Anyway, I can imagine what a bad surprise it was for you to discover this.

God's Kid said...

Your gecko looks very nice in those colors!! :)

Tatskool said...

That's dreadful. What an ignorant, I'll mannered person.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.