19 October 2018

Another 'thing' out of the way


Weeeeeellllll, nearly!!!

I finished this while I was sitting in the library last week.  What a relief although I must admit I've enjoyed playing with the possibilities of HWT (hand wound thread) and I'm sure I'll do another project like this sometime in the future.

The photo is of it pressed and laid on a piece of black fabric which I will sew it to.  Why?  Well I've found it's easier to store like that.  

Yes, another candidate for the boxes of tatting that I already have!!!!  

Now, what shall I do next?!?!?

10 comments:

Tim Kaylor said...

That turned out amazing. Wonderful design and look. YOu should hang it on the wall, not hide it in a box.

God's Kid said...

That is absolutely awesome Jane!!! :)

Bev said...

I was just about to say the same thing as Tim! So much tatting Jane, you can’t hide it away. The black fabric really makes the negative spaces pop. Amazing!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love the colors! I agree with Tim... this should not be hidden in a box!

Jane McLellan said...

It’s really splendid!

craftie sylvie said...

I totally agree with Tim, it would be a pity to hide this beauty. I'm not a doily person at all, but a wall-hanging does sound appealing :)

Jane Eborall said...

Well maybe I could hang it somewhere but I doubt I will. I've already got one hanging up in the house plus a tree full of geckos too. Enough is enough!!!!

Unknown said...

Awww..Such a stunning beauty!!!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

I'm trying to catch up on the blogs, and I was certainly pleased to see this beauty! It looks like a stained-glass window! I'm always amazed at how you pick all the right colors and place them perfectly! The edging is perfect also!

How about 'lending it' to the library for a while. Do they ever have exhibits of hand crafts? Of course, I'd want to make sure of security! It should be seen and admired! Actually you could have an exhibit of all of your work!

Liyarra said...

Absolutely stunning Jane!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.