15 October 2018

Four days in the


Library!!!

That's what I did last week. I spent four days (well, almost four as we had to finish early on Saturday) upstairs in our library.

Stratford library is old. Old beams inside and outside. Here's a link to read all about it although you'll have to scroll down a little way.

The reason for this was because a group of seven of us got together to hold a sale. This was mainly spinning and weaving and related offshoots of that. I was invited along too so my table was a little different to the others although, having said that, I was pleasantly surprised at the diversity of items we had for sale.

As far as I was concerned I had a successful four days. I sold quite a lot although waaaaay too cheaply (as I was told time and again) but for me it was a matter of making room for me to make more things!!! Mission accomplished.

The pictures below show some of the tables, the handouts and the very lovely 'Spinning Jane'.








7 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

I'd have loved to be there! Glad you're happy with your sales. People always say the items are too cheap, but put the prices up and nothing sells.

Maureen said...

I like what everyone was selling! Your stall was full, which items sold fastest? The packaged earrings looked tempting, also the bookmarks and snowflakes. Worth all the effort.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

That looks like so much fun!

Jane Eborall said...

The only things that didn't sell were the coasters - either tatted or fabric. Sales were a few of everything else but with all bar one of the tissue holders going. I was happy with the figures.

God's Kid said...

Awesome!!! :) I absolutely love your display!!! :)

Jane Eborall said...

You've hit the nail on the head, Jane.
Thank you so much, God's Kid.

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Great venue and exhibits, nicely displayed! Glad you made some sales and enjoyed the event! That's what it's all about for me. It seems that with all your items sitting in drawers, you would have a good inventory. Actually, you should take some of those items just for display if you didn't want to part with them. I'm sure visitors would be amazed at your work!

These days I basically just show a lot of my items for display only - to show the variety of things that can be made with tatting. Fortunately the other gals do make items to sell! There is always interest in the lace and we enjoy talking to the visitors.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.